Terms and Conditions
Mental Health Foundation (India) is non-profit registered company under section 8 of the companies act 2013. On behalf of itself and its affiliates/group companies under the brand "MHFI" (“MHFI”), is the author and publisher of the internet resource www.mihope.mfhindia.org and the mobile application ‘MHFI’ (together, “Website”). MHFI owns and operates the services provided through the Website.
1. NATURE AND APPLICABILITY OF TERMS
The Agreement applies to you whether you are –
- A medical practitioner or health care provider (whether an individual professional or an organization) or similar institution wishing to be listed, or already listed, on the Website, including designated, authorized associates of such practitioners or institutions (“Practitioner(s)”, “you” or “User”); or
- A patient, his/her representatives or affiliates, searching for Practitioners through the Website (“End-User”, “you” or “User”); or
- Otherwise a user of the Website (“you” or “User”).
This Agreement applies to those services made available by MHFI on the Website, which are solely offered on not-for-profit model to the Users (“Services”), including the following:
- For Practitioners: Listing of Practitioners and their profiles and contact details, to be made available to the other Users and visitors to the Website;
- For other Users: Facility to (i) create and maintain ‘Health Accounts’, (ii) search for Practitioners by name, specialty, and geographical area, or any other criteria that may be developed and made available by MHFI, and (iii) to make appointments with Practitioners.
The Services may change from time to time, at the sole discretion of MHFI, and the Agreement will apply to your visit to and your use of the Website to avail the Service, as well as to all information provided by you on the Website at any given point of time.
This Agreement defines the terms and conditions under which you are allowed to use the Website and describes the manner in which we shall treat your account while you are registered as a member with us. If you have any questions about any part of the Agreement, feel free to contact us through the contact us page mentioned therein our official website as above.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate any portion of the Agreement for any reason and at any time, and such modifications shall be informed to you in writing you should read the Agreement at regular intervals. Your use of the Website following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Agreement so modified.
You acknowledge that you will be bound by this Agreement for availing any of the Services offered by us. If you do not agree with any part of the Agreement, please do not use the Website or avail any Services.
Your access to use of the Website and the Services will be solely at the discretion of MHFI.
The Agreement is published in compliance of, and is governed by the provisions of Indian law, including but not limited to:
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872,
- The (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000, and
- The rules, regulations, guidelines and clarifications framed there under, including the (Indian) Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”), and the (Indian) Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 (the “IG Rules”).
2. CONDITIONS OF USE
You must be 18 years of age or older to register, use the Services, or visit or use the Website in any manner. By registering, visiting and using the Website or accepting this Agreement, you represent and warrant to MHFI that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you have the right, authority and capacity to use the Website and the Services available through the Website, and agree to and abide by this Agreement.
The terms in this Clause 3 are applicable only to Users other than Practitioners.
3.1 END-USER ACCOUNT AND DATA PRIVACY
3.1.2 MHFI may by its Services, collect information relating to the devices through which you access the Website, and anonymous data of your usage. The collected information will be used only for improving the quality of MHFI’s services and to build new services.
3.1.3 The Website allows MHFI to have access to registered Users’ personal email or phone number, for communication purpose so as to provide you a better way of booking appointments and for obtaining feedback in relation to the Practitioners and their practice.
- The type of information collected from Users, including sensitive personal data or information;
- The purpose, means and modes of usage of such information;
- How and to whom MHFI will disclose such information; and,
- Other information mandated by the SPI Rules.
- The fact that certain information is being collected;
- The purpose for which the information is being collected;
- The intended recipients of the information;
- The nature of collection and retention of the information; and
- The name and address of the agency that is collecting the information and the agency that will retain the information; and
- The various rights available to such Users in respect of such information.
3.1.6 MHFI shall not be responsible in any manner for the authenticity of the personal information or sensitive personal data or information supplied by the User to MHFI or to any other person acting on behalf of MHFI.
3.1.7 The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the User’s account access information and password, if the User is registered on the Website. The User shall be responsible for all usage of the User’s account and password, whether or not authorized by the User. The User shall immediately notify MHFI of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of the User’s account or password. Although MHFI will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of MHFI or such other parties as the case may be, due to any unauthorized use of your account.
3.1.8 If a User provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete), or MHFI has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, MHFI has the right to discontinue the Services to the User at its sole discretion.
3.1.9 MHFI may use such information collected from the Users from time to time for the purposes of debugging customer support related issues.
3.2 RELEVANCE ALGORITHM
MHFI’s relevance algorithm for the Practitioners is a fully automated system that lists the Practitioners, their profile and information regarding their Practice on its Website. These listings of Practitioners do not represent any fixed objective ranking or endorsement by MHFI. MHFI will not be liable for any change in the relevance of the Practitioners on search results, which may take place from time to time. The listing of Practitioners will be based on automated computation of the various factors including inputs made by the Users including their comments and feedback. Such factors may change from time to time, in order to improve the listing algorithm. MHFI in no event will be held responsible for the accuracy and the relevancy of the listing order of the Practitioners on the Website.
3.3 LISTING CONTENT AND DISSEMINATING INFORMATION
3.3.1 MHFI collects, directly or indirectly, and displays on the Website, relevant information regarding the profile and practice of the Practitioners listed on the Website, such as their specialization, qualification, fees, location, visiting hours, and similar details. MHFI takes reasonable efforts to ensure that such information is updated at frequent intervals. Although MHFI screens and vets the information and photos submitted by the Practitioners, it cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies or incompleteness represented from it, despite such reasonable efforts.
3.3.2 The Services provided by MHFI or any of its licensors or service providers are provided on an "as is" and “as available’ basis, and without any warranties or conditions (express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, arising by statute or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage or trade). MHFI does not provide or make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied about the Website or the Services. MHFI does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any content or information provided by Users on the Website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, MHFI disclaims all liability arising out of the User’s use or reliance upon the Website, the Services, representations and warranties made by other Users, the content or information provided by the Users on the Website, or any opinion or suggestion given or expressed by MHFI or any User in relation to any User or services provided by such User.
3.3.3 The Website may be linked to the website of third parties, affiliates and service partners. MHFI has no control over, and not liable or responsible for content, accuracy, validity, reliability, quality of such websites or made available by/through our Website. Inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply that MHFI endorses the linked site. User may use the links and these services at User’s own risk.
3.3.4 MHFI assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect User’s equipment on account of User’s access to, use of, or browsing the Website or the downloading of any material, data, text, images, video content, or audio content from the Website. If a User is dissatisfied with the Website, User’s sole remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
3.3.5 If MHFI determines that you have provided fraudulent, inaccurate, or incomplete information, including through feedback, MHFI reserves the right to immediately suspend your access to the Website or any of your accounts with MHFI and makes such declaration on the website alongside your name/your clinic’s name as determined by MHFI for the protection of its business and in the interests of Users. You shall be liable to indemnify MHFI for any losses incurred as a result of your misrepresentations or fraudulent feedback that has adversely affected MHFI or its Users.
3.4 BOOK APPOINTMENT AND CALL FACILITY
MHFI enables Users to connect with Practitioners through booking facility that allows Users to book an appointment through the Website.
3.4.1 MHFI will ensure Users are provided confirmed appointment on the Book facility. However, MHFI has no liability if such an appointment is later cancelled by the Practitioner, or the same Practitioner is not available for appointment.
3.4.3The results of any search Users perform on the Website for Practitioners should not be construed as an endorsement by MHFI of any such particular Practitioner. If the User decides to engage with a Practitioner to seek medical services, the User shall be doing so at his/her own risk.
3.4.4 Without prejudice to the generality of the above, MHFI is not involved in providing any healthcare or medical advice or diagnosis and hence is not responsible for any interactions between User and the Practitioner. User understands and agrees that MHFI will not be liable for:
- User interactions and associated issues User has with the Practitioner;
- The ability or intent of the Practitioner(s) or the lack of it, in fulfilling their obligations towards Users;
- Any wrong medication or quality of treatment being given by the Practitioner(s), or any medical negligence on part of the Practitioner(s);
- Inappropriate treatment, or similar difficulties or any type of inconvenience suffered by the User due to a failure on the part of the Practitioner to provide agreed Services;
- Any misconduct or inappropriate behaviour by the Practitioner or the Practitioner’s staff;
- Cancellation or no show by the Practitioner or rescheduling of booked appointment or any variation in the fees charged, provided these have been addressed to under, MHFI service guarantee ethics.
3.4.5 Users are allowed to provide feedback about their experiences with the Practitioner, however, the User shall ensure that, the same is provided in accordance with applicable law. User however understands that, MHFI shall not be obliged to act in such manner as may be required to give effect to the content of Users feedback, such as suggestions for delisting of a particular Practitioner from the Website.
3.4.6 In case of a ‘Patient-No-Show (P.N.S)’ (defined below), where the User does not show-up at the concerned Practitioner’s clinic:
- User’s account will be temporarily disabled from booking further online appointments on its website accordingly, the User can continue to call the practitioner via its official website as above to get an appointment.
- Patient- No-Show (P.N.S) for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, is defined as, any instance where a User, who booked an appointment on the Website using the Book Appointment facility , has not turned up for the appointment without cancelling, rescheduling, or informing the Practitioner in advance about the same. When Practitioner informs MHFI of the incident or marks a particular appointment as P.N.S. of the scheduled appointment, an email and SMS (“PNS Communication”) will be sent to the User to confirm on the incident with reasons. Where the User is not able to establish that the User had a legitimate reason for not showing up, MHFI shall be entitled to take actions accordingly. However Users understand that, actions such as ones mentioned are included as a deterrent to stop Users from misusing the Website, and the loss of precious hours incurred by the Practitioner.
- Following instances, solely at the discretion of MHFI, would be construed as valid cases of PNS (“Valid PNS”):
- User does not reply within seven (7) days, with reasons to PNS Communication, from the date of receipt of such PNS Communication;
- In case User responds to the PNS Communication with below reasons:
- Forgot the appointment
- Chose to visit another Practitioner/consulted online;
- Busy with other work; or such other reasons (which MHFI at its discretion decides to be a valid reason to not show up).
- Where the User has booked a paid appointment and is unable to visit the Practitioner, due to such genuine reasons of sickness etc. at the sole discretion of MHFI, pursuant to conducting of investigation, the User shall be provided with a refund of such payment made by User, at the time of booking. However, where cancellation charges have been levied, you would not be entitled to complete refund.
MHFI reserves the right to make the final decision in case of a conflict.
3.4.7 Cancellation and Refund Policy
- In the event that, the Practitioner with whom User has booked a paid appointment via the Website, has not been able to meet the User, User will need to write to us through contact us page of our official website as above within five (5) days from the occurrence of such event; in which case, the entire consultation amount as mentioned on the Website will be refunded to the User within the next five (5) to six (6) business days in the original mode of payment done by the User while booking. In case where the User, does not show up for the appointment booked with a Practitioner, without cancelling the appointment beforehand, the amount will not be refunded, and treated as under Clause 3.4.6. However, where cancellation charges have been levied (as charged by the Practitioner/Practice), you would not be entitled to complete refund even if you have cancelled beforehand.
- Users will not be entitled for any refunds in cases where, the Practitioner is unable to meet the User at the exact time of the scheduled appointment time and the User is required to wait, irrespective of the fact whether the User is required to wait or choose to not obtain the medical services from the said Practitioner.
3.5 NO DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP; NOT FOR EMERGENCY USE
3.5.1Please note that some of the content, text, data, graphics, images, information, suggestions, guidance, and other material (collectively, “Information”) that may be available on the Website (including information provided in direct response to your questions or postings) may be provided by individuals in the medical profession. The provision of such Information does not create a licensed medical professional/patient relationship, between MHFI and you and does not constitute an opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment of any particular condition, but is only provided to assist you with locating appropriate medical care from a qualified practitioner.
3.5.2 It is hereby expressly clarified that, the Information that you obtain or receive from MHFI, and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise on the Website is for informational purposes only. We make no guarantees, representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, with respect to professional qualifications, quality of work, expertise or other information provided on the Website. In no event shall we be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information.
3.5.3The Services are not intended to be a substitute for getting in touch with emergency healthcare. If you are an End-User facing a medical emergency (either on your or a another person’s behalf), please contact an ambulance service or hospital directly.
3.6CONTENT OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT CONDITIONS OF ACCESS
3.6.1The contents listed on the Website are (i) User generated content, or (ii) belong to MHFI. The information that is collected by MHFI directly or indirectly from the End- Users and the Practitioners shall belong to MHFI. Copying of the copyrighted content published by MHFI on the Website for any commercial purpose or for the purpose of earning profit will be a violation of copyright and MHFI reserves its rights under applicable law accordingly.
3.6.2 The contents of the Website, information, text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software code, design, and the collection, arrangement and assembly of content on the Website (collectively, "MHFI Content"), are the property of MHFI and are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. User shall not modify the MHFI Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the MHFI Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose or for personal gain will warrants legal action against doer.
3.6.3 User shall not access the Services for purposes of monitoring their availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
3.7 REVIEWS AND FEEDBACK
You are solely responsible for the content that you choose to submit for publication on the Website, including any feedback, ratings, or reviews (“Critical Content”) relating to Practitioners or other healthcare professionals. The role of MHFI in publishing Critical Content is restricted to that of an ‘intermediary’ under the Information Technology Act, 2000. MHFI disclaims all responsibility with respect to the content of Critical Content, and its role with respect to such content is restricted to its obligations as an ‘intermediary’ under the said Act. MHFI shall not be liable to pay any consideration to any User for re-publishing any content across any of its platforms.
Your publication of reviews and feedback on the Website is subject to in accordance with our vision and mission and/or also non-infringement of anyone’s right and sentiments. Without prejudice to the detailed terms stated above, you hereby agree not to post or publish any content on the Website that (a) infringes any third-party intellectual property or publicity or privacy rights, or (b) violates any applicable law or regulation, including but not limited to the IG Rules and SPI Rules. MHFI, at its sole discretion, may choose not to publish your reviews and feedback, if so required by applicable law, and in accordance with our vision and mission. You agree that MHFI may contact you through telephone, email, SMS, or any other electronic means of communication for the purpose of:
- Obtaining feedback in relation to Website or MHFI’s services; and/or
- Obtaining feedback in relation to any Practitioners listed on the Website; and/or
- Resolving any complaints, information, or queries by Practitioners regarding your Critical Content;
and you agree to provide your fullest co-operation further to such communication by MHFI.
Information available in Records is of two types:
- User-created: Information uploaded by you or information generated during your interaction with MHFI ecosystem, eg: appointment, medicine order placed by you.
- Practice-created: Health Records generated by your interaction with a Practitioner or other Services of MHFI software.
3.8.1Your Records is only created after you have signed up and explicitly accepted these Terms.
3.8.2Any Practice created Health Record is provided on an as-is basis at the sole intent, risk and responsibility of the Practitioner and MHFI does not validate the said information and makes no representation in connection therewith. You should contact the administrator through our official website www.mihope.mhfindia.org in case you wish to point out any discrepancies or add, delete, or modify the Health Record in any manner.
3.8.3 The Health Records are provided on an as-is basis. While we strive to maintain the highest levels of service availability, MHFI is not liable for any interruption that may be caused to your access of the Services.
3.8.4 The reminder provided by the Records is only a supplementary way of reminding you to perform your activities as prescribed by your Practitioner. In the event of any medicine reminders provided by MHFI, you should refer to your prescription before taking any medicines. MHFI is not liable if for any reason reminders are not delivered to you or are delivered late or delivered incorrectly, despite its best efforts. In case you do not wish to receive the reminders, you can switch it off through simply writing an email for the same mentioned therein on our contact us page on official website of mihope.
3.8.5It is your responsibility to keep your correct mobile number and email ID updated in the Records. The Health Records will be sent to the Records associated with this mobile number and/or email ID. Every time you change any contact information (mobile or email), we will send a confirmation. MHFI is not responsible for any loss or inconvenience caused due to your failure in updating the contact details with MHFI.
3.8.6MHFI uses industry–level security and encryption to your Health Records. However, MHFI does not guarantee to prevent unauthorized access if you lose your login credentials or they are otherwise compromised. In the event you are aware of any unauthorized use or access, you shall immediately inform MHFI of such unauthorized use or access. Please safeguard your login credentials and report any actual suspected breach of account to our email on contact us page thereto.
3.8.7 If you access your dependents’ Health Records by registering your dependents with your own Records, you are deemed to be responsible for the Health Records of your dependents and all obligations that your dependents would have had, had they maintained their own separate individual Records. You agree that it shall be your sole responsibility to obtain prior consent of your dependent and shall have right to share, upload and publish any sensitive personal information of your dependent. MHFI assumes no responsibility for any claim, dispute or liability arising in this regard, and you shall indemnify MHFI and its officers against any such claim or liability arising out of unauthorized use of such information.
3.8.8 In case you want to delete your Records, you can do so by contacting administrator. Though; MHFI take utmost care to not allow anyone to store your record; However; your Health Records stored by your Practitioners or the person to whom you allow the access of your account in any manner is not the responsibility of MHFI.
3.8.9 You may lose your “User created” record, if the data is not synced with the server.
3.8.10 If the Health Record is un-accessed for a stipulated time, you may not be able to access your Health Records due to security reasons.
3.8.11MHFI is not liable if for any reason, Health Records are not delivered to you or are delivered late despite its best efforts.
3.8.12The Health Records are shared with the phone numbers or email that are provided by you while creating account with us. MHFI is not responsible for adding the Heath Records with incorrect numbers if those incorrect numbers are provided later to obtain your record.
3.8.13 MHFI has the ability in its sole discretion to retract Health Records without any prior notice if they are found to be shared incorrectly or inadvertently.
3.8.14 MHFI will follow the law of land in case of any constitutional court or jurisdiction mandates to share the Health Records for any reason.
3.8.15 You agree and acknowledge that MHFI may need to access the Health Record for cases such as any technical or operational issue of the End User in access or ownership of the Records.
3.8.16 You acknowledge that MHFI may engage software or third party software for the purposes of the functioning of the services uninterruptedly and services including but not limited to the usage and for storage of Records in India and outside India, in accordance with the applicable laws.
4.1 LISTING POLICY
4.1.1MHFI, directly and indirectly, collects information regarding the Practitioners’ profiles, contact details, and practice. MHFI reserves the right to take down any Practitioner’s profile as well as the right to display the profile of the Practitioners, with or without notice to the concerned Practitioner. This information is collected for the purpose of facilitating interaction with the End-Users and other Users. If any information displayed on the Website in connection with you and your profile is found to be incorrect, you are required to inform MHFI immediately to enable MHFI to make the necessary amendments.
4.1.2MHFI shall not be liable and responsible for the ranking of the Practitioners on external websites and search engines
4.1.4 MHFI reserves the right to moderate the suggestions made by the Practitioners through feedback and the right to remove any abusive or inappropriate or promotional content added on the Website. However, MHFI shall not be liable if any inactive, inaccurate, fraudulent act occurs thereto due to error or trapping of users by hackers or in case of misrepresentation of MHFI in any case by anyone.
4.1.5 Practitioners explicitly agree that MHFI reserves the right to publish the Content provided by Practitioners to a third party including content platforms.
4.1.7 You as a Practitioner hereby represent and warrant that you will use the Services in accordance with applicable law. Any contravention of applicable law as a result of your use of these Services is your sole responsibility, and MHFI accepts no liability for the same.
4.2 PROFILE OWNERSHIP AND EDITING RIGHTS
MHFI ensures easy access to the Practitioners by providing a tool to update your profile information. MHFI reserves the right of ownership of all the Practitioner’s profile and photographs and to moderate the changes or updates requested by Practitioners. However, MHFI takes the independent decision whether to publish or reject the requests submitted for the respective changes or updates. You hereby represent and warrant that you are fully entitled under law to upload all content uploaded by you as part of your profile or otherwise while using MHFI’s services, and that no such content breaches any third party rights, including intellectual property rights. Upon becoming aware of a breach of the foregoing representation, MHFI may modify or delete parts of your profile information at its sole discretion with or without notice to you.
4.3REVIEWS AND FEEDBACK DISPLAY RIGHTS OF MHFI
4.3.1 All Critical Content is content created by the Users of www.mihope.mhfindia.org (“Website”) and the clients of MHFI customers and Practitioners, including the End-Users. As a platform, MHFI does not take responsibility for Critical Content and its role with respect to Critical Content is restricted to that of an ‘intermediary’ under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
4.3.2MHFI reserves the right to collect feedback and Critical Content for all the Practitioners and/or end users or whosoever registered thereto for providing and obtaining the services on the Website.
4.3.3 MHFI shall have no obligation to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all Critical Content from any Service, except as required by applicable law.
4.3.4 You understand that by using the Services you may be exposed to Critical Content or other content that you may find offensive or objectionable. MHFI shall not be liable for any effect on Practitioner’s business due to Critical Content of a negative nature. In these respects, you may use the Service at your own risk. MHFI however, as an ‘intermediary, takes steps as required to comply with applicable law as regards the publication of Critical Content. The legal rights and obligations with respect to Critical Content and any other information sought to be published by Users are further mentioned in detail as above.
4.3.5 MHFI will take down information under standards consistent with applicable law, and shall in no circumstances be liable or responsible for Critical Content, which has been created by the Users. The principles set out in relation to third party content in the terms of Service for the Website shall be applicable mutatis mutandis in relation to Critical Content posted on the Website.
4.4 INDEPENDENT SERVICES
Your use of each Service confers upon you only the rights and obligations relating to such Service, and not to any other service that may be provided by MHFI.
4.5 MHFI REACH RIGHTS
MHFI reserves the rights to display sponsored ads on the Website. Without prejudice to the status of other content, MHFI will not be liable for the accuracy of information or the claims made in the Sponsored ads. MHFI does not encourage the Users to visit the Sponsored ads page or to avail any services from them. MHFI will not be liable for the services of the providers of the Sponsored ads.
You represent and warrant that you will use these Services in accordance with applicable law. Any contravention of applicable law as a result of your use of these Services is your sole responsibility, and MHFI accepts no liability for the same.
4.6 PRACTITIONER UNDERTAKING
The Practitioner is and shall be duly registered, licensed and qualified to practice medicine/ provide health care, wellness services, as per applicable laws/regulations/guidelines set out by competent authorities and the Practitioner shall not be part of any arrangement which will prohibit him/her from practicing medicine within the territory of India. The Practitioner shall at all times ensure that all the applicable laws that govern the Practitioner shall be followed and utmost care shall be taken in terms of the consultation/ services being rendered.
5. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO CONTENT
5.1As mandated by Regulation 3(2) of the IG Rules, MHFI hereby informs Users that they are not permitted to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
- belongs to another person and to which the User does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
5.2 Users are also prohibited from:
- violating or attempting to violate the integrity or security of the Website or any MHFI Content;
- transmitting any information (including job posts, messages and hyperlinks) on or through the Website that is disruptive or competitive to the provision of Services by MHFI;
- intentionally submitting on the Website any incomplete, false or inaccurate information;
- making any unsolicited communications to other Users;
- using any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (such as spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Website;
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any part of the Website;
- copying or duplicating in any manner any of the MHFI Content or other information available from the Website;
- framing or hot linking or deep linking any MHFI Content.
- circumventing or disabling any digital rights management, usage rules, or other security features of the Software.
5.3 MHFI, upon obtaining knowledge by itself or been brought to actual knowledge by an affected person in writing or through email signed with electronic signature about any such information as mentioned above, shall be entitled to disable such information that is in contravention of above. MHFI shall also be entitled to preserve such information and associated records for at least 90 (ninety) days for production to governmental authorities for investigation purposes; however in case of any force-majeure if such information losses; MHFI will not be liable for same.
5.5 MHFI may disclose or transfer User-generated information to its affiliates or governmental authorities in such manner as permitted or required by applicable law, and you hereby consent to such transfer. The SPI Rules only permit MHFI to transfer sensitive personal data or information including any information, to any other body corporate or a person in India, or located in any other country, that ensures the same level of data protection that is adhered to by MHFI as provided for under the SPI Rules, only if such transfer is necessary for the performance of the lawful contract between MHFI or any person on its behalf and the User or where the User has consented to data transfer.
MHFI respects the intellectual property rights of others and we do not hold any responsibility for any violations of any intellectual property rights
6.1MHFI reserves the right to suspend or terminate a User’s access to the Website and the Services with or without notice and to exercise any other remedy available under law, in cases where,
- Such User breaches any terms and conditions of the Agreement;
- A third party reports violation of any of its right as a result of your use of the Services;
- MHFI is unable to verify or authenticate any information provide to MHFI by a User;
- MHFI has reasonable grounds for suspecting any illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity on part of such User; or
- MHFI believes in its sole discretion that User’s actions may cause legal liability for such User, other Users or for MHFI or are contrary to the interests of the Website.
6.2 Once temporarily suspended, indefinitely suspended or terminated, the User may not continue to use the Website under the same account, a different account or re-register under a new account. On termination of an account due to the reasons mentioned herein, such User shall no longer have access to data, messages, files and other material kept on the Website by such User. The User shall ensure that he/she/it has continuous backup of any medical services the User has rendered in order to comply with the User’s record keeping process and practices.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event, including but not limited to negligence, shall MHFI, or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents or content or service providers (collectively, the “Protected Entities”) be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising from, or directly or indirectly related to, the use of, or the inability to use, the Website or the content, materials and functions related thereto, the Services, User’s provision of information via the Website, lost business or lost End-Users, even if such Protected Entity has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall the Protected Entities be liable for:
- provision of or failure to provide all or any service by Practitioners to End- Users contacted or managed through the Website;
- any content posted, transmitted, exchanged or received by or on behalf of any User or other person on or through the Website;
- any unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; or
- any other matter relating to the Website or the Service.
In no event shall the total aggregate liability of the Protected Entities to a User for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract or tort, including, but not limited to, negligence or otherwise) arising from this Agreement or a User’s use of the Website or the Services exceed, in the aggregate Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only).
8. RETENTION AND REMOVAL
MHFI may retain such information collected from Users from its Website or Services for as long as necessary, depending on the type of information; purpose, means and modes of usage of such information; and according to the SPI Rules. Computer web server logs may be preserved as long as administratively necessary.
9. APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTE SETTLEMENT
9.1 You agree that this Agreement and any contractual obligation between MHFI and User will be governed by the laws of India.
9.2 Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this Agreement to arbitrate, or your use of the Website or the Services or information to which it gives access, shall be determined by arbitration in India, before a sole arbitrator appointed by MHFI. Arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The seat of such arbitration shall be Delhi only. All proceedings of such arbitration, including, without limitation, any awards, shall be in the English language. The award shall be final and binding on the parties to the dispute.
9.3 Subject to the above Clause 9.2, the courts at Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of or in relation to this Agreement, your use of the Website or the Services or the information to which it gives access.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION GRIEVANCE OFFICER
10.1 If a User has any questions concerning MHFI, the Website, this Agreement, the Services, or anything related to any of the foregoing, you can reached at following email address: email@example.com or via the contact information available from our official website www.mihope.mhfindia.org .
10.2In accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000, and the rules made there under, if you have any grievance with respect to the Website or the service, including any discrepancies and grievances with respect to processing of information, you can contact our Grievance Officer at:
Address: D 28, Lajpat Nagar I, New Delhi
[V1] In the event you suffer as a result of access or usage of our Website by any person in violation of Rule 3 of the IG Rules, please address your grievance to the above person.
If any provision of the Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitral tribunal to be unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision shall be excluded from this Agreement and the remainder of the Agreement shall be interpreted as if such provision were so excluded and shall be enforceable in accordance with its terms; provided however that, in such event, the Agreement shall be interpreted so as to give effect, to the greatest extent consistent with and permitted by applicable law, to the meaning and intention of the excluded provision as determined by such court of competent jurisdiction or arbitral tribunal.
No provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be waived and no breach excused, unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by MHFI. Any consent by MHFI to, or a waiver by MHFI of any breach by you, whether expressed or implied, shall not constitute consent to, waiver of, or excuse for any other different or subsequent breach.
[V1]Pls mention the requisite details